Financial independence is probably the hardest pursuit for a stay at home mom after a divorce. She’s left footing the bill of the family and may or may not receive the much needed assistance from her ex-husband. It can be a burdensome and devastating time. However, there are ways of making money after your divorce. You just have to stay diligent and pursue all your options. We would like to offer you some direction here.
There are a lot of people getting into internet marketing. We are sure you have seen the plethora of ads posted by friends and acquaintances hoping to have you buy their wares. Some of them are doing incredibly well with this venue. Miles Beckler can help you be one of them. All you have to do is click here for additional information. Get ready for financial independence!
But, if that doesn’t seem like the right fit for you, keep reading.
7 Additional Options for Making Money After a Divorce
Thankfully, even divorced moms have access to computers and the technology necessary to earn money working from home. We recall when being a single mom pretty much equated with the end of all career hopes. However, it doesn’t have to be like that anymore. You can still be a great mom and provide for your family with these 7 additional options for making money after a divorce:
- Become a corporate English trainer. There are a lot of companies that hire people for remote positions to train their employees in the English language. Plus, the starting rate is $15/hr.
- Start learning to code. There are six figure salaries available to people with this kind of talent. You don’t have to work for “the man” either. You can start your own design firm or work as a freelancer making between $40,000-$100,000 each year.
- Get active on Etsy. We all know that many stay at home moms enjoy the ability to release their inner DIY/Craft entrepreneurs. Unfortunately, many of them simply don’t take the potential of their abilities as seriously as they could. You can sell your wares on Etsy and make as much or as little as you need. Learn more.
- Get into childcare. You’re already staying home with your own children, why not add a few more to the mix? It will give your kids others to play with and can bring in a decent paycheck for you each week. You will need to investigate the laws in your state about how many kids you can watch without having licensure as a home daycare. But, it might be worth the time.
- Grab a virtual assistant position. If you have prior office experience this is a great way to get back into the business. And, virtual assistants have the joy of working from home. You won’t need a lot of extra schooling. Besides, there’s really no investment to dive right into this kind of stay at home career. Plus, you can make an hourly rate of between $10-$18.
- Try your hand as a customer service rep. No doubt you have seen all the ads for Amazon and Hilton. These gigantic companies are almost always hiring friendly people to represent them to the populace. Some of them pay better than others so do your research.
- Try out freelance writing. You don’t have to be an exceptional writer to get paying writing jobs. There are a lot of companies that can help you attract clients to build your portfolio. Check this one
If you need more help figuring out how to manage the finances as a divorced mom, this article can offer some useful tips.